This one is a little different from the regular top down triangle
- Rumpus. This one is still a triangle but it all starts with the one
- edging pattern and knit sideways. Then you choose from one or more of
- the transitioning patterns for the rest of the shawl, or you can keep
- going with the original pattern. This one also starts with a large cast
- on but it decreases in size as you go. This makes it seem like itís
- going faster. I hope you all enjoy this one as much as the original
Yarn, Needles and Gauge: Any weight will work. Just be mindful of
- your needle size depending on what you are using. You may need to do a
- gauge swatch just to see if youíre getting the type of fabric you wish.
- Hereís a few suggestions of Yarn weight, needle sizes and approximate
Lace: US4 (3.5mm) - Yardage: 600(900)
Fingering Weight: US6 (4mm) - Yardage: 440(660)
Sport Weight: US7 (4.5mm) - Yardage: 320(500)
DK-Worsted Weight: US8 (5mm) - Yardage: 280(440)
Average size based on light sport weight yarn in the larger size Ė 80
- inch wingspan. Of course the size you will end up with will depend on
- the yarn that you choose. The smaller size is meant to be a shawlette in
- lace or a full size shawl in Worsted. The Larger size in lace is a
- moderately size shawl and a monster size in Worsted.
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE ONLY CHARTS FOR THIS PATTERN. I
- wanted to make written directions for this but then realized because of
- the way the sideways patterning is worked that it would need 2-3 pages
- for each pattern just to explain where you are. One really needs to be
- able to read their knitting and be able to see it on the chart to
- successfully transition patterns. I would have to say, this is not a
- beginners pattern because of that.
All pattern sales are final. No refunds.